Monday, April 2, 2007

Bumps, Bumps & More Bumps

4/2/07

Hi all, Lil Jimi is still at OHSU. Another weekend came & gone. The doc's started him on yet another Reflux med on Saturday along with the Zantac. From what I have seen, it seems like it is making his Apnea spells worse. I am currently waiting on his doctor to call me & explain to me what the plans are now. Yesterday while I was feeding him he really had no interest in eating even though it had been four hours since his last feeding. He kept having spell after spell while he was trying to eat, so I stopped feeding him at 40ccs. His normal feed is 60ccs plus. I burped him & burped him, still he continued to spell. I rubbed his tummy a little bit and then stood and bounced while burping him - he let out a huge burp that seemed like it would have woke every baby in the NICU! After that he was fine & fell asleep. I wasn't about to try and feed him anymore.

When I called this morning his nurse said he has still continued to spell pretty often and that she was going to put his canula back on with just a little air flow to help him out. Now for a third time he is going to have work himself back off that again. We are so confused. We just want him to be healthy so he can come home & we can all be together like a family should be.

No comments: